birding-aus

Goshawk vs Collared Sparrowhawk (middle toe length)

To: "Peter Shute" <>, <>
Subject: Goshawk vs Collared Sparrowhawk (middle toe length)
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 08:59:39 +1000
I wasn't going to pursue this topic any further as it seemed there was little interest, however, Peter Shute has encouraged me to go a bit further after all. For those birders interested I will spend some time over this weekend (raining in SE Queensland) to work on some digital images which should help observers to understand the concept of the distal joint of the middle toe and its relationship with the base of the claw of the outer toe. I only have limited images of one species (not 100% sure which species, though) which should be good enough to illustrate the concept. When the images are ready I will upload them to a web-page and I will advise when they are ready for viewing.

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld
Australia