birding-aus

Little Curlews still at Amberley

To: " Aus" <>
Subject: Little Curlews still at Amberley
From: david taylor <>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 13:08:08 +1000
Thanks to a Bird-o SMS alert received late yesterday afternoon ( great service
that!)   i travelled out to Behms Rd ( off Old Toowoomba Rd) at Amberley early
this morning to hopefully see 3 Little Curlews that had been seen first a
couple of days ago. The birds are still there and are within the restricted
access airfield but viewable from the public Behms Road.

  With the help of Stuart Pickerings scope (mines broken) who was also there we
managed some reasonable,  albiet quite distant views.  We saw them between the
white ground markers 2 and 3   - Look in the area in front/around  the markers
- its quite a distance from the road and you will need a scope - of course they
may well move but I believe they have been seen in roughly this same area on a
number of occasions.

cheers

David Taylor
Brisbane