birding-aus

Bogey birds

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Bogey birds
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:17:03 +1100
You could try an even worse form of bogey bird - a species that you have seen and can often find yourself, except when you are accompanied by a visitor (my Dad in this case) that has tried numerous sites (either with me or as directed by me) to see that species and misses them every time...until the penultimate day of their trip this month when we finally hooked up with Glossy Black Cockatoos. Mine was Painted Snipe (7 goes until I got one as Ash Island; whereas Dad gets one on his 1st try!) Right now, probably looking at male Pink Robin (only seen female, once) or Spotted Quail Thrush (only seen the back, flying away, once) as my two bogeys. I know having seen the species is possibly cheating on the term "bogey", but a tickable views are not the same as a satisfying view.
Cheers
Tom Wilson