birding-aus

Some good news for Regent Honeyeaters

To: Philip Veerman <>, 'Birding-aus' <>
Subject: Some good news for Regent Honeyeaters
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:28:41 -0800 (PST)
Hi Philip,

I think that it is not about "new good genes". It is more like the opposite:
"old good genes" and fewer "new bad genes". Due to inbreeding in a small
population you can accumulate bad genes/mutations in a relatively short period
of time. This can be (partially) avoided by mixing individuals from different
populations.

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass