birding-aus

New Aussie Bird List

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: New Aussie Bird List
From: Richard Baxter <>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 02:31:13 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,
            I'm not 100% sure on this topic.  Tony Palliser would be able to
verify but I hear there will be no update to C&B 2008.  The new Birdlife
Australia has/will adopt the IOC list and Tony and David James have done an
excellent job of condensing the IOC list into a replacement for C & B.

Good news for the Australian birding community as we'll see the list updated
when the IOC announce new splits/lumps every few months rather than wait 10+
years.

Cheers
Richard Baxter