birding-aus

Bird Deams

To: <>, <>
Subject: Bird Deams
From: michael wood <>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:52:17 +1030
Hello Roger
You are not alone. I too have bird dreams, sometimes quite regularly. It seems
to depend a lot on how often I am going birding at the time -that is real
birding, in real time. I even started to put a list of dream birds together.
The list was becoming so long I was losing track of what was seen and what was
not. Mine weren't morphing like yours, however. And I don't believe I ever had
one calling. Maybe tonight I can conjure up another..., a new bird for the
list, and even have it calling.
Are we geeks.....?, probably.
Michael

Roger McNeill wrote:Now that the birdsong is getting started at 3:30 AM here in
SEQ I find myself
having more and more frequent bird dreams...’geek’, yes I know.  Just last
week, I had a flock of Pacific Baza sitting on my porch railing asking to be
fed.  When I was getting ready for work...some hours later... I heard a Olive
Oriole doing a Baza imitation...ah ha.  This morning, Wonga Pigeons were
morphing into Brown Cuckoo-Doves, then into Brush Cuckoos into Channel-bills,
quite psychedelic actually...then I found myself yelling at the cat and telling
him to let the Owlet-nightjar alone as “muppet” had as much right to be on the
lamp shade as he did at the end of the bed.  I am now debating whether or not
to tick King Parrot for the year yard list.  King parrots are far from rare,
but I almost never seen them in the yard and have not had one this year.  I am
“certain” I heard one this morning...or did I?  Does anyone else dream in bird?

Full disclosure: This note intended is to start a non spam / cat
(really...again)? thread

Cheers,

 Roger