birding-aus

Australian Painted Snipe

To: "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Australian Painted Snipe
From: "Geoffrey Jones" <>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 16:30:13 +1100
Good Afternoon Everyone

                                                            After receiving
a phone call from Peter Merritt on Tuesday evening I went to Jerilderie the
next day and photographed 30 APS at a undisclosed location, I was able to
photograph 24 of them in one photo and was pretty pleased with myself until
my return only to read that 57 of them had been seen up at Macquarie Marshes
so obviously they are as common as Scarlet-chested Parrots! Here is my usual
link  http://barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup  and I
will take this moment to say Merry Christmas to you all as this will be my
last posting till I return from Antarctica on the 28th of Dec. Some of you
will also remember that I set a goal of photographing 700 species in
Australian waters and its Territories in a 5 year period which will end at
the end of this year, my tally at the moment is 696 so hopefully I will
achieve my goal near Mawson's Hut down in Antarctica. Just a quick word on
recent events, don't take life to seriously as you are a long time dead!

Yours in everything "BALANGARA"

Geoff Jones

Barraimaging