birding-aus

Balanagara ???

To: Israel Didham <>
Subject: Balanagara ???
From: Allan Richardson <>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:17:38 +1100
There has been quite a bit said on this subject, but no matter what the cause
is or its merits - it still remains a plea for monetary support.

That isn't a crime in and of itself, BUT, there are a lot of birding and
environmental ventures running around and if the floodgates were to open on
this forum it wouldn't be 30 emails a day it could quite easily be 100.

You go away for a week on a trip (or longer) and guess what you've got waiting
for you in your inbox? A whole lot of reasons to think seriously about
unsubscribing altogether.

A better approach for such ventures would be taking advertisements out on the
sides of birding websites. Here folk would know it was vetted by the website
and the scam element would be avoided.

I guess I didn't really mind receiving one email, but daily? And where would it
end, if every such venture did the same..............................?

Allan Richardson
Morisset NSW