birding-aus

New mystery call

To: Tom Tarrant <>, BirdingAus <>
Subject: New mystery call
From: Judith Hoyle <>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 23:41:09 +0000
Hi Tom,

I think Marie is right about this being a White-throated Treecreeper.  I would
say that the inflection, timber and pitch rules out the Pale-headed Rosella and
just does not ring true for a Shrike-thrush.

Have you listened to Nick Leseberg's recording of the White-throated
Treecreeper on Xeno Canto.  The first of his two recordings sounds like your
bird.

Kind regards

Judith