birding-aus

Cotton Peter Bee ?

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Cotton Peter Bee ?
From: Bill Jolly <>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 11:31:01 +1000
Toowoomba Bird Observers are conducting their annual species census
this-weekend, and I rang Michael Atzeni yesterday morning to let him know about
a couple of unusual visitors at Abberton.

Telstra converted my short voice message into a text, and Michael received the
following:

"Cotton Peter Bee Keys Everton"

from which he deduced correctly that we had Cotton Pygmy Geese at Abberton.

I'll text myself in future.

So, good birds are continuing to turn up on our enlarged creek and its enlarged
margins. The last time we had Cotton Pygmy Geese on the creek was Christmas Day
1997. I've left my scope set up in the house so I can have a good scan every
time we pop in.

Bill Jolly