birding-aus

Parrot Identity?

To: Andrew Hobbs <>
Subject: Parrot Identity?
From: John Tongue <>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:46:45 +1100
All my field guides mention the possibility of orange on the belly of Elegant
Parrots (though none of the few I've seen had any).  The birds in the pictures
certainly have the Frontal colour band/face, and the shoulder and overall
colour tones of Elegant, rather than Orange-bellieds.

John Tongue
Ulverstone, Tas.