birding-aus

Captain Billy Landing road sites.

To: <>
Subject: Captain Billy Landing road sites.
From: "Brian and Meg" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:51:20 +1000
Hi all. This weekend (if it's not too wet), we plan to drive in to Capt. B.L.
I've read many reports about birding along this track and so I'm looking for
more exact details about where to stop for the best viewings. In particular,
we'll be looking for Palm Cockatoo (they're very rare around Bamaga, Lockerbie
and Somerset at present - none seen after 5 days of looking) and Yellow-legged
Flycatchers which are really proving uncommon. If you can help, please reply
offline.
Thanks
Brian & Meg Johnson