birding-aus

capertee national park

To: Gavin Scott <>
Subject: capertee national park
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:36:57 +1100
Capertee NP is NOT yet open to the general public due to safety concerns on
some of teh tracks
and trails within the Park.

There is currently a locked gate at the entrance and access is to authorised
staff and the care
takers.

Parks are waiting for the next round of funding so they can complete the
necessary work and open
the 2,500 ha park to teh general public. It is hoped to do that early next year.

It is my understanding that it is fine to walk into the park from the access
gate. Its about 3 km
from teh gate to the Capertee River and numerous trails radiate from there.

I can tell you that teh park has good populations of numerous threatened speces
such as Diamond
Firetail and notably Regent Honeyeater.

cheers
Chris Chafer