birding-aus

SA, Qld, NSW roadtrip

To: <>
Subject: SA, Qld, NSW roadtrip
From: "Paul G Dodd" <>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:13:36 +1100
Hi birding-aussers,

Ruth and I are heading off on a bit of a road-trip. Hopefully I can avoid
sinking the 4WD this time.

We're heading from Melbourne to Gluepot to look for the Scarlet-chested
Parrots, then are going to head to Port Augusta and the Flinders Ranges to
look for the Thick-billed and Short-tailed Grasswrens. From there up either
the Strzelecki or the Birdsville Tracks. Any recommendations? - we're
looking for Eyrean and Grey Grasswrens, Letter-winged Kite, Grey Falcon,
Gibberbird, Yellow Chat, Australian Pratincole. From there to Cameron's
corner and the surrounds - Ruth knows people that own a property in the
area. We thought we'd also stop off at Bowra Station because we're after
Grey Falcon, Hall's Babbler and Spotted Bowerbirds. From Bowra we'll head
back to Melbourne through White Cliffs, Broken Hill and the Silver City
Highway.

Our full target list follows - we'd be interested in any hints, tips,
suggestions or good, reliable sites for any of these birds along the route
that I've mentioned.

Letter-winged Kite

Grey Falcon

Oriental Plover