birding-aus

Intermediate Egrets at WTP

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Intermediate Egrets at WTP
From: jenny spry <>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:54:12 +1100
Hi all,

During a visit to the WTP on Sunday we found two Intermediate Egrets at the
WTP Werribee. One was in the pond near the gate from Beach Road (pond 28).
This bird is in breeding plumage with beautiful long plumes. The second bird
was in pond 12, on the left just over the ford as you drive out toward the
conservation ponds, near Walsh's Lagoon on the right. This bird has a much
brighter bill but the plumes were not nearly as well developed.

I am about to put a photo of the Beach Road gate bird on the BOCA gallery
for anyone who is interested.

cheers

Jenny