birding-aus

Common Myna in Adelaide? - and Barbary Doves

To: "Peter Baitz" <>
Subject: Common Myna in Adelaide? - and Barbary Doves
From: "michael norris" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:38:30 +1000
Thanks Peter

That's good to know.

I think you mean PIRSA (Department of Primary Industies and Resources, SA) rather than DPI (the Victorian version). See:
http://www.pir.sa.gov.au/biosecuritysa

Interesting, given the reported lack of interest by the SA State Government a few years ago, that the Barbary Dove is also on their list of declared pest animals at:
http://www.pir.sa.gov.au/biosecuritysa/nrm_biosecurity/pest_animal/sa_alert_pest_animals/sa_alert_pest_animal_list

The procedure is to notify the NRM Board so I have contacted the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Board about my sighting.

Just wondering if it is some sort of shared guilt about being from the area where Common Mynas were first introduced to Australia that you are interested in SA Mynas and that two of the three records on the SA Birdline are from myself and Matt Roach - both also members of little old Bayboca down here to the south of Melbourne !

Michael Norris