birding-aus

Chiltern area - 5-9 Sept

To: "Jill & Sue" <>
Subject: Chiltern area - 5-9 Sept
From: Steve Clark <>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:05:35 +1000
G'day Jill and Sue et al.

I was in the park on the 9th and 10th.  Didn't see anyone else apart
from a hoon at Magenta Mine and three kids on bikes along Donchi Hill
track.

The park is in great shape after the rain with beautiful wildflowers
everywhere.  A bit too windy for best birding conditions.

I saw the two unbanded Regent Honeyeaters at Greenhill Dam also.  No
Turquoise Parrots there or elsewhwere for me.  One or two Little
Friarbirds in that area as well.

I had a Square-tailed Kite (my first!) along Donchi Hill track.
Western Gerygone were heard in a few places but seen only on the
southern end of Bullant Track.  Several Painted Honeyeaters were along
the northern end of Bullant Track.  Several White-breasted
Woodswallows were in dead trees at No. 2 dam.

I failed to find Hooded Robins where I always used to see them.  Is
there a particular area to look for Gilbert's Whistler?

Cheers
Steve Clark
Hamilton, Victoria