birding-aus

Big year trailer

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Big year trailer
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 19:01:43 +1000
I guess I don’t understand US American humour (humor?).
I did watch the trailer.

Sorry Bill..............and others.

Who is Steve Martin? Is he a birder? He doesn’t seem to be a comedian.

Perhaps an Aussie film** producer*** could consider making a truly amusing
movie about birders on a “big year” (or “twitch” or even a “normal day out”).
There’s certainly plenty of talent out there in Australia birding land. Even a
true, serious representation of what Aussie birders do on a twitch would be
amusing.

**We called them “flicks” a hundred years ago when I was a child, young person,
kid, tacker, sprog.

*** Or an up and coming uni student studying “film and television” could
consider it.

Incidentally, the last time I actually laughed at a US American ‘comedian’ was
when I watched the “Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In” shows in the late 1960s and the
early 1970s.
That was the closest thing to real comedy I have ever seen US Americans come
to. And their show introduced Goldie Hawn.

Nothing about Birds though.

So, I’m old and sad..........................yeah.................but I’m happy.

Have fun.

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld