birding-aus

Chathan Island Albatross off Australia

To: Roger McGovern <>
Subject: Chathan Island Albatross off Australia
From: David James <>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 00:29:12 -0700 (PDT)
Good point Roger,

In fact, this situation has come to bear with records of Yellow
Wagtail. tchutchenensis (formerly similima) is common taivana is rare and its
status is obscure, and macronyx is exceptionally rare. These three are placed
in two separate species by C&B 2008 and 3 species by some accounts. A similar
situation prevailed for White and Black-backed Wagtails when they were split.

David James,
Sydney