birding-aus

Ostrich South East NSW

To: Carl Clifford <>
Subject: Ostrich South East NSW
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 07:47:07 +1000
they were farmed intensively in the Riverina and in South Australia -
the National Library's PictureAustralia online picture archive has
dozens of pics of farmed ostriches at places like Yanco and Port
Augusta. My grandfather, now long gone, remembered the ostrich farms
around Leeton in the Riverina in the 1920s

sandra henderson
canberra