birding-aus

Waterbirds & Raptors of Coastal SEQ - and other publications

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Waterbirds & Raptors of Coastal SEQ - and other publications
From: Trevor Ford <>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 22:36:36 +1000
G'day,

A belated "thank you" to everyone who provided such positive feedback on the "Shorebirds, Gulls & Terns of Coastal SEQ" booklet of last year. This year's offering is "Waterbirds & Raptors of Coastal SEQ", which is also available free-of-charge from the funding councils (Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay, Brisbane, Redland and Gold Coast). For anyone unable to obtain a copy from council, I have made a pdf available on my website with lower resolution photos - see http://www.sunbittern.com/publications.html. Also available as a pdf are the two pages that present comparisons of (i) cormorant bills, and (ii) egret bills - with higher resolution photos.

Further down the page are details of "Bribie Birds", a book produced for the Bribie Island Environmental Protection Association (BIEPA), which includes a brief comment on the status of each of the 326 bird species that have occurred on Bribie Island. Some Birding-aus readers may remember the booklet "Birds of Buckley's Hole, Bribie Island" of several years ago. If there is sufficient interest I would investigate the possibility of producing a similar in-depth annotated checklist for the whole of Bribie Island sometime early next year. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get back in touch with you with full details if things are likely to proceed.

Cheers - Trevor Ford.