birding-aus

Anstead Bushland Reserve - SW Brisbane

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Anstead Bushland Reserve - SW Brisbane
From: Nick Leseberg <>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 02:17:50 +0000
Hi All,

Managed a few hours at Anstead Bushland Reserve on the SW edge of Brisbane this
morning, and had a couple of notable sightings.

Red-winged Parrot - I was surprised to see this one. I thought it was probably
an aviary escapee, but then thought it was a slim possibility as a wild bird.
Any thoughts?
Painted Buttonquail - a single bird.

Everything else I saw was the usual more common stuff, with still plenty of
Scarlet Honeyeaters, White-throated Honeyeaters, White-throated Gerygone, Rose
Robin, Tawny Grassbird, Golden and Rufous Whistlers, Apostlebirds, Noisy and
Little Friarbirds, Little Lorikeets and King Parrots inspecting hollows. Not
sure spring has sprung quite yet, but it's well on its way.

Regards and good birding

Nick Leseberg