birding-aus

Iron Range Question

To: "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Iron Range Question
From: "James Holmes" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 11:37:16 -0700
As I am making my final plans for Australia, I still have some time at the
end of my trip and would consider driving from Cairns to the Iron Range if
possible (with a stop for the Golden-shouldered Parrot)...

How is the road from Cairns to the Iron Range (via Musgrave)?  Can I
currently (or later in August) do it in a 4WD or did the cyclone damage it
so that it is not drivable?

Thanks

Jim Holmes