birding-aus

RFI Sydney area

To: <>
Subject: RFI Sydney area
From: "James Holmes" <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:26:07 -0700

My father and I will be in Sydney in a couple of weeks (winter time) and
have a few targets that we will be looking for.  We would greatly appreciate
any information on the following species (within a 2-3 hour drive of
Sydney):

Rockwarbler
Rufous Scrubird
Eastern Bristlebird
Rufous Scrubird
Ground Parrot
Powerfull Owl - any current roost sites?
Rose Robin
Spotted Quail-thrush
Australian and Spotless Crake - any marsh reliable near Sydney?

Our old information would suggest the following (is this still true):
Rockwarbler - best site is Morton National Park? just east of the Edrick
river (near Nerriga)
Ground Parrot - do they still occur at Barren Grounds Bird Observatory (best
seen at dusk?)  Also, Eastern Bristlebird still occur here?
Rufous Scrubird - Is Barrington Tops (specifically Gloucester Tops) still
reliable and is it currently accessible (recent road closures)?  Does Rose
Robin still occur here?

Thanks

Jim Holmes