birding-aus

Flock Bronzewings near Broome

To: <>
Subject: Flock Bronzewings near Broome
From: "Bigpond" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:37:11 +0800
Hi All,

Yesterday 11 July we found 500+ Flock Bronzewings on Roebuck Plains Station. They can be seen from the Great Northern Highway at 14.7 km south of The Roebuck Service Station on the west side of the road. There is a dam near the road with a lot of cattle around. We saw them after we had been there for 15 minutes because a few flew up and shortly afterwards 2 large flocks flew around and landed again. Great intro to Broome!! Cheers, Sue and Xenia