birding-aus

Egg laying in Raptors

Subject: Egg laying in Raptors
From: Geoff Hutchinson <>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 04:33:26 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to all those who offered an in sites to the process of egg laying. Our
eagles (White-bellied Sea-Eagle) at Birds Australia, Sydney Olympic Park have
laid two eggs, as one would have expected. We have a very exact time between
the
two eggs, it was 3 days and 20 minutes thanks to infrared light and camera. It
will be very interesting to see the difference in hatching time.
The Live streaming is gaining momentum with over 20,000 views in the first two
weeks. At peak last week it is over 300 per hour and average at 130 per hour.
If
you want a quick peek it is available 24/7, but you do have to put up with
those
pesky pre-roll adds, someone has to pay, there is no free lunch.
www.ustream.tv/channel/sea-eagle-cam.
Regards
Geoff Hutchinson
Jon Irvine