birding-aus

some wildlife in Singapore

To: Tun Pin Ong <>, "" <>
Subject: some wildlife in Singapore
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 16:18:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Tun Pin et al.

Sorry for my lazy report. We only visited the area around the tree top walk in
the Central Catchment near MacRitchie reservoir (we did not make it to Sungei
Buloh or Pulau Ubin due to time constraints). The Blue-eared Kingfisher flew
along the creek crossed by the one-way board walk after the tree top walk. The
first Short-tailed Babbler was loosely associated with Striped Tit-Babblers
near the Ranger Station, the second Short-tailed Babbler was near the
Blue-eared Kingfisher creek. We did not get any local help, but Andrew Holmes
(Sydney), Dan Mantle (Canberra) and Exley Steward (Hongkong) gave us some very
useful tips. Unfortunately, we didn't have much time for birding as you can see
from the busy itinerary...

Do you have an idea about the situation of all the introduced bird species
(especially the Psittacula species)?

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass