birding-aus

RFI: Angelsea-Lorne area

Subject: RFI: Angelsea-Lorne area
From: Grace Lewis <>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:12:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Ed,
Lake Elizabeth (out the back of Lorne) is a good spot for Olive
Whistlers. PInk Robins move out into drier, more open areas over
winter in the Geelong Region (documented in Geelong Bird Reports,
1984-2008, edited by M. Hewish) and so I'd suggest looking for them at
Ocean Grove Nature Reserve or the Anglesea Heath,  where they have
been seen before over autumn and winter. The bird observation page on
the Geelong Field Naturalists Club website, http://home.vicnet.net.au/~gfnc/
might also be a good website to look at for recent PInk Robin
records.
Good Luck
Grace