birding-aus

Barbary Doves in Melbourne - please report.

To: <>, <>
Subject: Barbary Doves in Melbourne - please report.
From: Ed Williams <>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:29:29 +0000
Hi Phillip,

My point was just that either they are being released locally, or they are
possibly breeding locally - but either way the source is in the same area they
are being seen.

Homing pigeons go back to an exact loft whilst barbary Doves would just hang
around the approximate area and not return to their aviary, and possibly move
on a little depending on food, etc.

Cheers, Ed