birding-aus

SIPO

To: <>
Subject: SIPO
From: "Richard Jenkin" <>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 19:19:10 +1000
Hi all

A successful twitch on Monday. I arrived around 12.15 P.M. to find  two
local birders and Steve Roderick from home( dressed appropriately in
Newcastle red and blue colours ) , with his scope trained on said bird. Too
easy !! Nice when it works. I took several photos and the others gradually
moved on but I stayed on to get some underwing shots which took another hour
and a half. I think every other bird lifted their wings during the wait. Ten
minutes later when I was on my way back the skies opened to torrential rain
so the timing was just perfect.

Thanks to the original finders of the bird and the follow up sightings
reports. There were several people walking their dogs , all on leads ( the
dogs that is ) and if the dogs had been loose the birds would not have been
there , so thank you local dog owners. The birds did eventually flush right
on high tide as a couple walked past with their dog and they immediately
came and apologised. I reassured them they were fine as the birds were
probably due to go anyway   and they had previously walked past about 3
times anyway.

We had some interest from other passes by that had a look through the scope
and were quiet interested that a New Zealand bird was visiting Australia.

Cheers

Dick Jenkin

Lynn and Dick Jenkin

Tashkent Friesians