birding-aus

Bassian Thrush in Wet Tropics

To: Keith Fisher <>, birding-aus threads <>
Subject: Bassian Thrush in Wet Tropics
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:42:46 +1030
G'day Keith & Lindsay, .... & all...

Very nice images Keith & Lindsay of this juvenile thrush. Isn't it amazing how
big these bills get on our cuneata  Bassian up here, even in such a young bird
!! Great to see such fantastic images.

For me, you would expect a very much slighter bill on a Russet-tailed Thrush.
Also the remiges are too brown, & the rump too dull & too heavily barred for a
Russet-tailed, even a juvenile bird. The bill is what really stands out to me
on this bird - you'd never one so big on a Russet of any age !!

Good stuff...

Cheers

Martin Cachard
Cairns