birding-aus

Plastic Kills Northern Giant-petrel ... and more

To: <>
Subject: Plastic Kills Northern Giant-petrel ... and more
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:29:37 +1000
Hi,

Faye Bedford has kindly sent through information about a Northern Giant-petrel
found at a Golf Course in Lakes Entrance. Sadly it died and a post-mortem
revealed it had been killed by plastic ingestion.

There are a few other new articles on Bird-O:

Til the Last Tree's first post since hitting the ground in Canada for their
cycle across the continent for conservation;
An entertaining account of Long-haired Rats in the Red Centre by Mark Carter
... where are those Letter-winged Kites Grrr!
An amazing account of seeing pretty much all the US migratory raptors in a day.

Following on from Nathan's really important post on Night Parrots, I took an
evening to review the document and have summarised the points in an article.
Don't forget to have your say. This is probably one of the most important and
interesting topics for discussion on this forum right now and hasn't generated
a single reply. Anyone wanting to engage on this topic, use the comments below.
I'm happy to expand on what I've written and answer any questions.

New articles are going up on Bird-O all the time and we don't always have the
time to remind everyone by email. So why not try give Facebook a try. There's a
lot more than just Bird-O going up on there. Today, you would have received and
read information we shared from the Australian Wader Study Group about
migratory bird threats in the Yellow Sea, about this weekend's OBP surveys and
more on the pivotal Ghosts of Gone Birds project. Hey, you can even post your
own links to stuff on our Facebook site or get your own place to share in
Bird-O.

Happy birding.

Simon.

Simon Mustoe
Tel: +61 (0) 405220830 | Skype simonmustoe | Email

Visit BIRD-O at http://www.bird-o.com
Follow BIRD-O on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/birdodotcom
Like BIRD-O on Facebook? Visit
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Bird-O/117732794921095