birding-aus

Dusky Honeyeater

To: <>
Subject: Dusky Honeyeater
From: "Graeme Gallienne" <>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 17:28:17 +1000

Hi all,

Also whilst looking for the White-fronted Honeyeater, we found what we
believe to be a Dusky Honeyeater feeding in the Melaleucas at exactly the
same location.  Both Jim (another bird watcher I only met today) and I
agreed it was a Dusky and not a Brown Honeyeater as it was much darker than
a Brown, did not have the normal yellowish/olive wing patch or  the face
patch behind the eye.  Wasn't calling.  If anyone else is visiting the site,
keep an eye out for it too!

Cheers,

Sandra Gallienne