birding-aus

Cinnamon Quail-thrush near Alice Springs

To: "" <>
Subject: Cinnamon Quail-thrush near Alice Springs
From: Mark Carter <>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 13:07:54 +0100 (BST)
Hi Birders.

Just a quick note to pass on the news that Cinnamon Quail-thrush have turned up
less than 50km south of Alice Springs on the Santa Teresa Road, close to the
'classic' Rufous Crowned Emu-Wren site.
I have encountered the birds two days running. Just as with the Erldunda sites
the vegetation is presently thick so these birds take some finding.
I will post more details tomorrow (Monday) on my Wildiaries page, accessible
through the 'trip reports' tab on my website.
Happy hunting!

Mark Carter
0447358045
http://www.desertlife.com.au