birding-aus

Gary Junction Road to Jupiter Well and Princess Parrots

Subject: Gary Junction Road to Jupiter Well and Princess Parrots
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:48:51 -0700
Hi folks:

I suspect things have changed a bit since Greg Little and I bombed accross
the sandy dry road from Alice Springs to jupiter well on our Princess
adventure.  During the 10 days of travel we only had one short rain shower.
(not far out of Alice if I remember correctly).  Otherwise it was total dry
weather and gorgeous views everywhere.  I tried to pull up some recent
satelite images of the area to see if its still super dry out there.  Would
love to know whats going on in that region weather-wise and of course
bird-wise as well.  I have included a page to my blog where you can see
images of the area and how dry it is and of course Princess parrots in Sept
2008.
http://polytelismedia.wordpress.com/2008/09/

I was so enchanted with this gorgeous area and was wondering what the latest
on this area is weather-wise and habitat wise since it seems that the rest
of  Aus has had lots of rain.  I suspect some of my mates here on
birding-aus would know about it.

Cheers!

Don