birding-aus

Birdline Tasmania Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Tasmania Weekly Update
Date: 18 Apr 2011 01:30:49 +1000

Birdline Tasmania

Published sightings for the week ending 17 Apr 2011.

Fri 15 Apr Cattle Egret Ulverstone
18 Cattle Egrets flying south over the river and centre of town, just on dusk - arriving into the state for the winter??
John & Shirley Tongue

Sun 10 Apr Grey Goshawk Fort Direction South Arm (Restricted Access)
I first saw the bird at 0630 on the 10th of April, it was perched high up in a Radiata pine and has remained on site since. My last sighting of it was around 2200 hrs last night roosting once again in the Radiata pine. Over the last few days I have noticed it swooping onto the ground time and time again with no apparent success, I suspect it might be a young bird or one in trouble as I noticed it feeding on 4 day old carrion just before dark last night.
Peter Norris

Sat 2 Apr Brown Booby Hippolyte Rocks, Tasman Pen.
(1) Brown Booby was observed and photographed by Jennifer Kakoschke and others.
Jennifer Kakoschke and others (per Birding-Aus post by Michael Todd)

Birdline Tasmania is sponsored by Eremaea Birds and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.