birding-aus

Response to those who have expressed interest in the DVD series Australi

Subject: Response to those who have expressed interest in the DVD series Australia Discovering the World of Parrots
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 03:04:37 -0700
For those who have already dropped me a note and asked about how to obtain
this series on aussie parrots you can connect here for information on
acquiring a set:
http://polytelismedia.wordpress.com/

Also the question about if you can obtain them if you are in the UK or other
country (including Aus of course!) is that yes it is available
internationally and not just in the US.  They are designed to be viewed on
any DVD system no matter what the country.

I think many of my mates will be glad that I fired myself as the narrator (
I was told I didnt project very well by reviewers... grin) I was fortunate
to hire a fantastic bloke from the ABC named Michael Corkill for the
narration.  The series is not even close to the High definition quality of
Land of Parrots but nonetheless the comments from those who have purchased
it indicate that they still enjoy it.  Most (so far over 100 sets sold) have
mentioned that they enjoy seeing so many species from Princess Parrots to
Scarlet-chests.   To Budgies to Palm Cockatoos.  For me its a chance to
share my love for your beautiful parrots with others - as I mentioned a life
dream that came true.  Thanks for your interest folks!

Here are a couple of youtube previews that should give folks an idea of what
the series is like.

A clip from the section on Orange-bellied Parrots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1y4ztYqQY

and Rainbow Lorikeets here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLDeQzuRpQo

Thanks again for your interest and of course your valuable support everyone!

Don