birding-aus

help to find a powerful owl in Melbourne !

Subject: help to find a powerful owl in Melbourne !
From: Maxime Zucca <>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:16:10 +0200
Dear all !

I'm a french birdwatcher travelling in Australia for a while. I'm just back
from one (great !) month in Tasmania, and will be in Melbourne for the next
2 days (before going 3 weeks in New Zealand).
Before leaving for Tasmania, I tried too find a Powerful Owl in the Wilson's
reserve in Melbourne suburbs, where the species seems to be regularly
roosting, but after 2 hours checking every tree carefully, I couldn't find
any of them...
If a local birdwatcher who knows the usual roosting tree could show me the
right place tomorrow or Tuesday, it would be very nice !!

(I tried to send this message 3 days ago but I failed... :-) So I've only 2
more days...)

Thanks in advance!

Maxime Zucca