birding-aus

Leg Flagging/Banding

To: "martin cachard" <>, "Jill Denning" <>, "birding-aus threads" <>
Subject: Leg Flagging/Banding
From: "Peter Madvig" <>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:22:50 +1100
Hi all,
I concur, for what it's worth.....
May I suggest all interested parties purchase that gem of a publication, "Invisible Connections", Why Migrating Shorebirds Need the Yellow Sea. A host of authors, with unbelievable photos by Jan van de Kam, who captures all facets of the miraculous, migrating shorebirds. I seem to remember CSIRO published it. (I have no financial interest in this - but the book is a must as part of our understanding of the Asian-Australasian Flyway....and, a joy to behold).

One day minuscule satellite tags will be available to help in detecting the movement of even those smallest of birds - to help protect them...THAT is what it's about. And, let's not get anthropomorphic guys....
Cheers,
Peter Madvig