birding-aus

Missing Japanese friend

To: <>
Subject: Missing Japanese friend
From: "Roy & Helen Sonnenburg" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:21:17 +1000
Good news!  I have had an email from my friend, Toshio Ikeuchi, from Miyagi
Prefecture.  He and his family are OK and they were far enough inland to
miss the tsunami.  They have some earthquake damage to the house however.
Toshio is a wild goose researcher and I went with him to far eastern Russia
in 2004 to see seabirds in the Okhotsk Sea.

Cheers

Roy Sonnenburg