birding-aus

Places available on trip to Mud Islands, Port Phillip Bay, 26 March

To: "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: Places available on trip to Mud Islands, Port Phillip Bay, 26 March
From: "Tania Ireton" <>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 15:16:48 +1100
We have some places available on the BAYBOCA trip to Mud Islands on
Saturday, 26 March.  The trip on 26 February had 40 species recorded
including Pacific Golden Plover, Grey Plover, Eastern Curlew, Red Knot,
Great Knot, Bar-tailed Godwit, Little Tern, Fairy Tern, Brown Quail and
Black-faced Cormorant.  See the BAYBOCA website for the full list
www.cohsoft.com.au/bayboca

Meet at Sorrento Pier (Melway 157 C7) at 9.00am.  We are being picked up
around 9:30am and will be dropped off again about 4.00pm. People will need
to be prepared to wade, so shorts over bathers are recommended. Bring lunch,
sunscreen and shoes for wading as Mud Islands is actually two sand islands
around a central lagoon and we will be wading between them. If the wind is
too strong for the trip to proceed, we will visit an alternate birding
location on the Mornington Peninsula. There is all-day parking adjacent to
the pier at $1.00 per hour.  Cost $35.00 for adults, $25.00 for children
under 14 years. Maximum 39 people.  Bookings essential.  Contact me at
<>  or 0433 015 282.

Regards,
Tania