birding-aus

Rare bird alert

To: Tom Tarrant <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Rare bird alert
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 02:57:48 +0930
Dear Tom
I have absolutely no problems with your "lie".

My husband and I have already donated money, and on the night of the tsunami
I stayed up to offer comfort by email to a worried Indigenous Hawai'ian
relative.  Her husband and father had taken their boat out to sea  to ensure
its safety.  She also had friends in the tsunami zone that she couldn't
contact.

At this stage money will be required, not goods. Once safety, food and
shelter are assured, survivors need to heal.  And as fellow human beings,
I'm sure many of us could help there too. So perhaps we could start a pool
of birding or other equipment that could be sent later, things that might
lighten hearts and occupy minds, rather than fill stomachs or offer shelter.

Denise