birding-aus

Banded albatross.

Subject: Banded albatross.
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:54:00 +1000 (EST)
Hello all,
On Sunday evening i received a call from a fishing boat charter skipper from
Albany WA. He phoned me to report that he had not long hooked an albatross
[sadly he could not tell me the species] that had a band CF - 43006DIS - Museum
Paris. The band was silver in colour and on the left leg. The bird was released
with no issue. The location of the accidental capture was Maud's reef off
Albany WA.

The skipper would like to know where the bird was tagged and by whom. As would
I.

Thanks for any and all information.

Ken Cross