birding-aus

Big Wet for the Channel Country

To: "'Carl Clifford'" <>
Subject: Big Wet for the Channel Country
From: "Tony Russel" <>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:31:57 +1030
Hi again Carl. Good that there is still some flowing into Lake Eyre.
However, I doubt that any amount would dampen Adelaide without a new ice
age. This old town has a bit of a creek called the Torrens but it isn't in
any way connected to the Murray Darling or Eyre Basin catchments - too many
big hills in the way.

Tony