birding-aus

Ground floor lorikeets/parrrots

Subject: Ground floor lorikeets/parrrots
From: Gordon and Pam Cain <>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 21:38:24 +1100
To: m("vicnet.net.au","birding-aus");"><>
A few years ago at a local cricket ground, my son and I saw grass parrots (red-rumped parrots) nesting in a hole in the ground left after the removal of a soccer goal. man-made and perfectly round, I suppose they had cleared out a bit of extra lateral room at the bottom of the hole. teh area was swarming with folk, the the birds seemed safe as long as no on e stuck anything down the hole.

Happy birding!
Gordon Cain
Schofields, NW Sydney
Message: 1