birding-aus

help with mallee birds

Subject: help with mallee birds
From: Bert Harris <>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 17:32:48 +1030
Hi all,

My friends and I are headed out to the Mallee for a few days and I was
wondering if anyone could provide recent information on a few species. We
will be going from Adelaide to Waikerie to Mildura to Scotia (NSW) then back
down to Hattah. It is not a birding trip but we will have some free time. I
read Tim Dolby's excellent site but it would be fantastic if anyone could
send recent info.

We would be most interested in seeing:

Mallee Emu-wren
Regent Parrot