birding-aus

Question: Blue faced honeyeaters

To: Aus Birding <>
Subject: Question: Blue faced honeyeaters
From: Roaminoz - <>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:44:12 +1000

 I have a big family (or maybe many families) of Blue faced honeyeaters
visiting our backyard every day for many years now.

I have always noticed very striking blue face but now all the babies have been
born all I am getting is the olive green colouring around the eye. Does this
mean that the adult too turn back to olive green or am I just missing when the
adults return to the bird bath each day ?

I get some 13 olive green faced honeyeaters every day, many times a day,
returning to the bird bath but I've not noticed the blue faced ones at all.

Jude