birding-aus

Alice Springs Sewage Ponds closed due to feral dog danger

Subject: Alice Springs Sewage Ponds closed due to feral dog danger
From: Mark Carter <>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 04:35:57 +0000 (GMT)
Hi Birders,
I spoke to a representative of Power and Water in Alice Springs about the
recent closure of the ponds to birders. Seems I need to eat humble pie
regarding my skepticism of the feral dog as the cause: contractors working on
the site have reported being threatened by the feral animals recently. P&W are
taking steps to resolve the issue as soon as is practical and will let us know
when the ponds are open again.
In the meantime, take Chris's advice: check out his website for alternative hot
sites in the region: http://comebirdwatching.blogspot.com/ or have a look
through the trip reports on
Wildiaries: http://au.centralausbirding.wildiaries.com/
CheersMark Carterhttp://www.desertlife.com.au