birding-aus

Bullbars banned in Australia?

To: 'Chris Sanderson' <>, "" <>
Subject: Bullbars banned in Australia?
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:28:39 +1100
According to that article, they won't have to, as it will apply to new vehicles
only. But that's just something one politician said, the legislation might be a
little different.

The 4WD website you linked to said "full adoption of this standard could spell
the end of the Australian steel and alloy bull bar as we know them". Maybe they
feel they won't be able to buy suitable bars anymore, or maybe they're
concerned about the bullbar manufacturers. It does sound likely (I haven't
looked at the proposed standard) that they may not be suitable for mounting a
winch on, which may cause problems for some.

Peter Shute