birding-aus

Very dark Grey-tailed Tattler

To: "Mark and Amanda Young" <>
Subject: Very dark Grey-tailed Tattler
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 22:24:39 +1000
I'd describe it as a partial indicator. GTs tend to feed in mud, WTs tend to feed on rocky reefs.

On 08/02/2011, at 10:17 PM, Mark and Amanda Young wrote:

Hi Laurie,

On this occasion the bird was doing nothing. It was just standing on the
rock watching me watch it. And on the other occasions prior to today I
haven't seen the bird feed.

Is the crab chasing important with the Wandering Tattlers? I've seen the
Grey-tailed Tattlers chase and eat crabs at the reef before.

Regards,
Mark